Friday, October 16, 2009

RSS Change

I'd gotten a few... not complaints, exactly, but comments, about the length of some of my posts when viewed in peoples' feeds. With a number of posts planned that spoil stories I particularly like, I thought I'd look again and see if I can make it truncate posts in the RSS feed, with a link back to the full post. I believe I've accomplished this.

If you saw the above paragraph in your feed, but had to go to the site for this one, then it worked! I apologize if this is an inconvenience, but the old way was also an inconvenience, so hey.

3 comments:

  1. As picked up by LJ, it's cutting off apparently at a set length rather than by paragraph break (it got to "...in your feed, but" for this entry), but that's serviceable enough.

    (Man, this comment system continues to be broken as heck for me...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you were able to post! I turned off moderation in all cases to see if that would help.

    LJ is getting the same cutoff as the regular RSS feed, I think -- if I fix one, both will look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I was only able to post through some arcane sequence of re-loading the comment frame in new windows and hitting preview a bunch of times in various orders until I got lucky. Trying to do anything normal with any ID method still results in a page reload with no comment posted for me.

    ReplyDelete