Wednesday, July 22, 2009

M-O-O-N spells decent sci-fi

Apparently Hollywood doesn't see the need to advertise the movies that I actually would be interested in seeing. I heard of Moon purely by word of mouth, and went to see it because it sounded interesting.

Anyone with a conscience will not tell you about the plot of this movie. It's got Sam Rockwell and Kevin Spacey, it's the best SF that's come out in a long time, and you can yell at me when you get back if for some daft reason you didn't like it. Oh, and Sam Rockwell says "fuck" a lot. But if you can't handle the word "fuck", stop reading my blog.

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely planning on seeing it. MK doesn't do creepy movies, though - does this count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call it creepy - it's not a horror or slasher film or anything, but it is a bit weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was weird about it? (Except the "gets lonely up here" ... "I just want to shake your hand" sequence. That was weird.)

    Well worth driving a quarter of the circumference of Houston to see it. (Because obviously, no reputable theater would ever show a movie about the moon in Houston.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking "weird" more in the sense of less-than-creepy. Creepy Lite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes. In that respect, "weird."

    Someone else just pointed out to me that Duncan Jones (writer/director of Moon) is the Duncan Jones (or Zowie Bowie) that resulted from the experimental breeding of David Bowie and Angela Barnett. Perhaps that has a bit to do with the "creepy-lite" feeling.

    ReplyDelete