Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Hard Part

Well, it's done -- my first completed novella, a science-fiction mystery. At 22,000 words (a little more than a quarter the length of my PhD thesis) it's going to be a tough sell. (Double-spaced at a 12-point font with a 1" margin it's about a hundred pages!) I've only come up with one professional market so far for which the length is within their published guidelines. But I'm optimistic: I've read it and re-read it, and it's good, I'm proud of it.

The title, if you're curious, is "Where Do They Bury The Survivors?" I'll post updates as they happen. (I'm not going to post it publicly online for a number of reasons.)

2 comments:

  1. Wait, that was a hundred pages?!? No wonder I couldn't finish reading it and giving you feedback in an evening. And here I thought I was just a slacker. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's pretty long! But I like to think that it reads well enough that it doesn't seem that long. ;)

    ReplyDelete